Fire disasters do not discriminate. They do not pick and choose who to affect, or whose lives it destroys. Fire disasters happen to anyone and everyone. And it is one of the most common ways homes are destroyed. Unfortunately, fires are mysterious and can start without suspicion.
Fires happen for many reasons. Here are the four most common ways home fires start:
Candles: Candles are great for romantic evenings with your significant other, but if not handled correctly can be dangerous. If candles are a must for a special occasion, do your best to keep them away from curtains, rugs, furniture, and clothing. It only takes a second for an un-supervised candle to spread quickly and destroy an entire room.
Children And Flammables: Let’s face it, curiosity is a double edged sword for humanity. Because of curiosity, we have discovered great things. But because we are curious by nature, many tragedies have occurred due to carelessness or neglect. Children are especially curious and often start fires without intention, or out of curiosity. In fact, Nationwide Children’s reports “Children playing with fire, set more than 20,000 fires every year. That is an average of almost 400 fires each week.” Keep matches and flammable liquids far out of reach from children by placing them in high cupboards or locking them in your bedroom.
Faulty Wiring: Faulty wiring is a huge cause of house fires. If you notice your lights dim when you turn on another appliance, you may have faulty wiring or a blown fuse. Both can spark fires which will swallow up your home if not properly addressed by a licensed electrician. Please be cautious when attempting to locate where faulty wiring may exist within your home.
Barbeques: Barbeques are great outdoor activities that bring family, friends, even strangers together where they can eat, drink, and be merry. It is of the utmost importance then, that any barbequing should always be done away from the home, trees, and other flammable objects. Regularly maintain your barbeque by cleaning it with a hot soapy rage to keep your device in tip top burger grilling shape. If not, you may have a serious fire hazard on your hands.
Our LBI company has IIRC trained professionals that know how devastating fires are to everyone involved, and will do everything within their power to repair any damages and restore your home to what it once was before disaster struck!