- About Us
- Cleaning Services
- Restoration Services
- Disinfecting Services
- Employment Opportunities
- Contact Us
Water damage disasters are unexpected and can happen to anyone at any given time. Damage caused by flooding, broken water lines, faulty appliances, and sewage backups can be very stressful and overwhelming. You will go through a whole range of emotions when dealing with water damage and none of them are pleasant. One of the best ways to recover from a water damage disaster quickly is to contact a local water damage cleanup company. Having a team of certified and well-equipped professionals in your corner can make a huge difference. At Stretch Cleaning & Restoration in Long Beach Island, we understand the ins and outs of water damage and we believe that LBI residents should be prepared for such disaster. Here are a few does and don’t when dealing with water damage.
• Do not enter the premises before you have maintained permission from the fire marshal, the structure of your home may be compromised and unsafe to enter. If you are still inside your home and there is a large amount of water covering the floors avoid walking in it. The water may have come in contact with electricity and can be quite deadly.
• Do not turn on any electrical appliances such as TV, stove, washer dryer, ceiling fans, lighting or any item plugged into the electricity. If these items are turned on when the water damage disaster occurs shut off the power source to your home.
• Do not walk on sagging floors or under loose ceiling tiles or panels. Safety comes first and you should be aware of your surroundings keep your family safe from unnecessary risks.
• Do not attempt to complete the water removal and cleanup process on your own. Without proper training and equipment, this can lead to safety risks and additional property damage.
• Make sure you and your family are in a safe area.
• Contact a local water damage cleanup company, like Stretch, as soon as possible to prevent additional damage and property loss.
• When contacting the professionals describe the event in detail and ask them how long it will take for them to arrive. It the wait time is extensive ask if there is anything you can do in the meantime to prevent additional damage. Keep in mind that exceptional water damage cleanup companies will not have a long response time.
• Before a water damage disaster even occurs, you should have an emergency preparedness plan in place. If you have a family or have others living in your home with you get together and create an emergency evacuation plan. Prepare emergency kits with flashlights, rations, blankets, and the proper gear for treading water. You don’t want to be stuck in shorts and sandals if there two feet of water running through your home.
Once your help has arrived they will perform an assessment of the damage and start the cleaning and restoration process making sure that your personal property is handled with the respect it deserves. Let the professionals relieve some of the stress that water damage has caused. You can rest assured that every inch of your home will be inspected, restored and cleaned back to its pre-damaged state.